86th AMATEUR NET CHAMPIONSHIP
FRIDAY - SATURDAY, AUGUST 21-22, 2020
Los Serranos Golf Club (North & South Courses)
15656 Yorba Avenue
Chino Hills, CA 91709
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
- All players will compete in a 36-hole, net stroke play championship (18 holes each day – different course each day).
- The championship field will be divided evenly into four flights based on each player’s Handicap Index as of August 10.
- During the championship, players will use their Handicap Index (as of August 10) and will receive 95% of their Course Handicap (unless otherwise noted by the SCGA).
- All ties at the championship will be broken using the USGA suggested method of matching scorecards (Committee Procedures: Section 5A (6)).
There will be no formal registration at this event.
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be e-mailed to players and posted on scga.org one week in advance of the qualifier.
- Starting times will range from approximately 7 a.m. to approximately 12 p.m. on both courses.
- Arroyo and Mission Flights will play the North Course for Round 1 and the South Course for Round 2
- Pacific and San Andreas Flights will play the South Course for Round 1 and the North Course for Round 2.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at their assigned tee well in advance of their starting time, as the SCGA starter will have information to discuss with each player in the group. Furthermore, players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late. Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off.
- Materials such as tees, pencils and hole location sheets will not be distributed until further notice. Refer to the SCGA COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions for further instructions.
TEES & YARDAGE:
- North Course
- All men in Arroyo and Mission Flights will play from the LONG/BLUE tee markers and yardage. Course Rating: 71.6 / Slope 130 / Approx. 6,382 yards / Par 72
- All men in Pacific and San Andreas Flights will play from the REGULAR/WHITE tee markers and yardage. Course Rating: 70.8 / Slope 127 / Approx. 6,151 yards / Par 72
- Women in all flights will play from the FORWARD/GOLD tee markers and yardage. Course Rating: 74.1 / Slope 129 / Approx. 5,877 / Par 74
- South Course
- All men in Arroyo and Mission Flights will play from the REGULAR/WHITE tee markers and yardage. Course Rating: 72.5 / Slope 133 /Approx. 6,743 yards / Par: 74.
- All men in Pacific and San Andreas Flights will play from the REGULAR/WHITE tee markers and yardage (Holes 4, 5, 6, & 13 will be played from the FORWARD/GOLD yardages). Course Rating: 71.4 / Slope 130 / Approx. 6,575 / Par 74
- Women in all flights will play from the FORWARD/GOLD tee markers and yardage. Course Rating: 74.9 / Slope: 131 / Approx. 6,082 yards / Par 74
- Players may make arrangements for practice rounds at their own expense by calling Los Serranos GC at (909) 597-1711 or by booking online at losserranosgolfclub.com. Practice rounds are based on availability and standard rates apply.
- The driving range will be available by 6 a.m. on both days of the championship.
- Players will receive a complimentary ticket for range balls by checking in at the golf shop.
- Players should arrive on site no earlier than one hour prior to their starting time and must limit driving range usage to 15 minutes.
FOOD SERVICE & PURCHASES:
- The Snack Bar will be available by 6:30 a.m. for to-go orders only.
- Major credit cards will be accepted for all purchases. No cash.
- Upon the completion of Round 1, all players will receive a lunch voucher at the scoring table. The voucher will redeemable at the Coffee Shop restaurant in the clubhouse on Friday only.
RULES OF PLAY:
- Players must familiarize themselves with the SCGA’s COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions.
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the SCGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION, PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- Players are highly encouraged to walk during this event. If you have the ability to walk, please walk.
- There are a limited number of golf carts (140) available for the 240-player field. Golf carts are single-rider only and will be issued on a first come, first served basis. Players are not guaranteed the use of a golf cart.
- Cart Fee: $15 payable in the golf shop.
- Players seeking to reserve a golf cart due to a medical or ADA-related reason must make arrangements with SCGA staff in advance of the competition.
- Pull or push carts are permitted. The club does not have any available for rental.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Caddies are prohibited until further notice.
- Spectators are permitted but are not allowed in carts. Spectators must adhere to all policies set forth by the club and must maintain social distancing at all times.
- Players must be properly attired in golf shirts, slacks, Bermuda-length dress or golf shorts and soft spike shoes.
- Shirts must be tucked in and hats must be worn forward.
- Jeans (any color or any kind), T-shirts, and tank tops are prohibited.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
- To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of a SCGA competition, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 980-3630.
- If a player needs to withdraw on the morning of the competition, notify the SCGA staff person through the golf shop staff at the host venue.
- Failure to notify the SCGA will subject the player to suspension from future SCGA competitions.
- Refund Policy:
- Cancelation prior to the entry closing date: Full refund less a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancelation after the entry closing date and more than 48 hours prior to the start of the competition: 50% of the entry fee.
- Cancelation within 48 hours of the start of the competition: No refund.
For a complete listing of SCGA competition policies and procedures, click here.